Saturday, September 22, 2018

Fall Fell

And the men from CLUB EVOLVE just keep coming...

Celebrate Fall falling—CLUB EVOLVE is on sale for .99ȼ!
Seven (7) great stories for an awesome price.


Couldn’t stop Fall from coming—neither could the men of CLUB EVOLVE stop… Well, grab your copy for .99ȼ. Sale ENDS 9/30/18.

At club Evolve there are no closed doors. These guys want their men soft, consenting, and ready when they are. So, come in—feel the heat!

Meet Robert ‘War’ Warren from SEE ME IN THE DARK.

Scars so deep—will they destroy his soul?

Preston Woodley only comes alive in the dark, on his back, and he never allows anyone to touch him there. He longs to find someone who sees him for the man he is and not a monster shaped by a horrible accident in his past.

Robert ‘War’ Warren, recruited into the biker lifestyle early, has done it all and he doled out enough payback to earn a brief stint in jail. He’s reached a pinnacle of success and seeks peace; however, what he used to be, what he could easily become again, may ruin his life forever.

EXCERPT:
War never asked what Preston did for a living as his first concern was bedding him. Christ, he knew so little about the man and what he did know he… Hell! He liked him. He didn’t give an inch when War gave him crap that first night because Pres looked shocked he attended university. Fuck’s sake, the way War dressed, the way he acted, anyone may have produced the same facial contortion. He resurfaced Friday and held his ground again. What was his problem being seen by a lover?
“Son of a bitch, now he’s my lover.”
Air whistled through the nose of a woman beside him. “Hello! I have children here.”
“Excuse me.” War situated himself behind a larger crowd. Unable to hear everything due to various game calls, sporadic yelling, and people clapping, but what he did hear made him smile. Pres was knowledgeable, direct, and he looked damn good in a crisp white shirt with sleeves rolled to his elbows. His brown hair wasn’t sprayed to death because each time a breeze lifted, it blew out of style. He calmly ran his hand through it and kept right on talking. No makeup either. He was handsome as hell without it.
Ten minutes and they were done.
While the camera man packed equipment, the girl shared notes with Preston and when finished, she hopped into the van which backed away from the boardwalk. Pres more than likely drove himself because he remained and when he went to reach for his jacket on the back of a chair, a tall guy barreling backward to save a shot plowed into him sending him sprawling to the ground.
Once he helped him up, he began brushing Pres’ clothes off. When he reached his back, Preston cringed but the man insisted on dusting him off. The same look of fear War noticed in his eyes at Evolve had returned. Preston’s feet carried him backward and the jackass pursued him.
War had seen enough. In five long strides he was near the fucker who he heard say, “I’m sorry, dude, let me get the sand off you.”
“I’m fine.” Preston’s jacket was on the ground and he kept moving in reverse. “It’s okay.” He looked around. “My jacket. I need my jacket.”
War grabbed the coat on his way to Preston. He heard the jangle of keys. “I got it, Pres, it’s okay.”
He looked into War’s eyes and exhaled in relief. “My keys?”
“They’re right here. I got you,” he whispered. Had the man gone back to the game, it would have ended there. He returned and when Preston shrunk away as the bastard attempted to throw an arm around his shoulder, War decked him. That brought on the crowd. This was going to get real ugly if War didn’t shut them down. “He’s okay, I’m a friend.”
One big guy in the back said, “Yeah, and I’m his friend. You didn’t have to hit him.”
“I’m sorry. Shit if I am. My friend was flustered by his attention and I overreacted. We’re going to leave and let you get back to the game.”
“Leaving, my ass.”
War faced Preston. “My car is one block past the ice cream parlor on the corner. Here are my keys. It’s a black Rover. Wait for me there.”
“War, I’m okay. Please, let’s go.”
“It’s not that easy.” It never is for me. Two or three guys began to close in. “Go.”
Preston backed away and War whirled on the group. “You know what. I’m never sorry. I’ll hit him again if he ever gets his lanky ass up. One of two things will occur. You take me down or I beat you senseless. My money is on number two.”
“What did you say?” Big guy moved to stand toe to toe with War. “You surfer types don’t own the beach and you’re not that tough.” He shoved him.
War knocked him out. “Fucker. Not spending my day talking to your ass.” Twisting, he saw a shapely woman in a bikini holding up her cell phone. “Jesus.” He looked over his shoulder to make sure Pres was gone. No sign of him and the other two guys had decided to high tail it away.
Two bike patrolmen cruised up. “Is there a problem?”
The woman answered, “Officers, I recorded it all on video. Those three guys threatened this man. He was only defending himself.” She grinned ear to ear. “I’m going to put it on line and call it Venice Beach Knockout.”
Fuck me to tears!
* * * * *
“Pres, you okay.”
“Damn you, War, you didn’t have to hit him.”
“I get it. I overreacted but are you alright?”
“Yes. This is my job and it could well be at stake here.”
“Nobody will see you. Before the phones started recording you were gone.”
“You’re kidding right?”
“Goddamn it, Pres, I wasn’t going to let him touch you again. The look on your face startled me and I only wanted to protect you.”
“Protect me? Your bravado attempt at manliness may cost me my job.”
“I’m sor… Attempt at manliness? Are you kidding me? Guess what, Pres, I’m not sorry. The next time I’ll let him manhandle your ass into Hell. Where are you parked?”
“I’ll walk, thank you.”
“Tell me where you parked, damn it. Trust me, you won’t see me again.”
“I’m in the Ladot Lot.”
They reached the lot and as Preston got out War demanded, “Why can everyone in the fucking world touch you but me?”

Growl and roar-it's okay to let the beast out. - J. Hali Steele

No comments:

Post a Comment