Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Tue'day's Quotes

Today, I chose John Milton, poet, historian, writer, and Paradise Lost - I've never read this story. Or is it a huge poem? I feel as though I should simply because many of the quotes make me think. My understanding is it revolves around Satan, Adam and Eve, either their or man's fall from grace, cruelties of them or man, and God's place in all of this.

Sounds as though enough is going on to keep me thinking so it is certainly going on my TBR list.

A few quotes:

“The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven...”

“Better to reign in Hell, than to serve in Heaven.”

“Did I request thee, Maker, from my clay to mould me man? Did I solicit thee from darkness to promote me?”  

“Long is the way and hard, that out of Hell leads up to light.”

“For so I created them free and free they must remain.”

Then I found the first quote, from what I've now decided is a poem, written differently -

“A mind not to be changed by place or time.
The mind is its own place, and in itself
Can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heav'n.”  

Yes, I really want to read the full poem...

Growl and roar - it's okay to let the beast out. - J. Hali Steele

No comments:

Post a Comment