Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Blog Hop!

You know I've got pictures below, but first,
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Welcome to the New Year Blog Hop! Let me tell you a story about this picture...

Photo (c) Aaron Rohde at Aaron Rohde Photography
People moved back and forth, their outfits forming a colorful sea. Glasses clinked, paper blow-horns sqawked, and balloons popped all around. Somewhere in the room, Auld Lang Syne was chortled by patrons who'd had one too many. Standing alone, I stared at the wide screen TV in the bar's corner. The big silver ball in Times Square had made it's descent, a new year had begun. Suddenly, cool air brushed my face, sending wisps of hair tickling across my shoulders. Looking across the room, I saw him, felt his ice-blue eyes on me. Each step he took in my direction, I trembled. I'd seen him before, but only in dreams. Now, here he was--he'd come for me. Finally, he stood at my side, and I noisily sucked in a lungful of air. His arms reached out, gathered me against him. His face blotted out the lights as his lips came close to mine.
    "You knew I'd come for you."
    One word, soft, weak with desire, slipped past my lips, "Please..."
    "You belong to me," he whispered.
    His mouth captured mine, the points of his teeth pierced my lip, and he sucked the spot greedily. When his tongue nudged for entrance, I opened like a flower, and tasted the blood he'd licked from my lip.
    The boistrous crowd disappeared--there was only me and him.

The bloghop starts HERE

 ...and now, who should be the mystery man on the cover?
  
Growl and roar-it's okay to let the beast out.-© J. Hali Steele

42 comments:

  1. I'm thinking the one who's jeans are shredded :)Happy Hew Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the mirror man myself. :)
    Happy New Year. Thanks for participating.
    Carol L
    Lucky4750@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The guy with the shredded jeans is definitely my choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love shredded jeans. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best eye candy so far!! Happy 2011!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going for the guy with the shredded jeans - YUMMY! Happy 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the shredded jeans too. Happy New Year.
    Sue Brandes

    ReplyDelete
  8. The second one! Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year!!! Oh the blonde in the holy jeans!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The man in the ripped jeans looks so animalistic. I bet sex with him would be primal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The bed boy! Great blog post. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The guy laying on the bed is oh so sexy. I love that bit of facial hair and the slumberous look to his eyes. They're all sexy though and I'd be honored to drool over them any day while gazing at their book cover.

    Have a very Happy 2011! And I look forward to your new releases in the new year!

    joderjo402 AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great story...Love the man candy...
    Happy New Years

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the story! I really want more of it! Although the pic of the guy on the bed makes up for anything!

    Thanks, Happy New Year!

    Rae M.
    rachaelgwen(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are some really nice pics!

    yadky@hotmail.com
    •°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
    ╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
    ║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
    ║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ NEW YEAR ☆ 2011!!
    ╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ¥☆★☆★☆¥ ★☆

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hubba Hubba!!! Love the eye candy and the story!!!

    Happy New Year
    Brandy
    brandyzbooks@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great story, want more :) I love pic. number 2. I would love nothing better than to find that man on my covers. Come to momma :)
    june111@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ripped jeans.

    Happy New Year
    Cindy W.

    countrybear52[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  19. The one with the ripped jean.

    loretta

    lbcanton@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. the one with the ripped jeans is yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooh... nice eye candy, J! I vote for Mr. Shredded, too ;)

    f dot chen at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  22. They are all luscious, Joann, thanks for sharing them with us. Hope this year is filled with everything you wished for.


    caity_mack at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think I will go with number 4

    lead[at]hotsheet[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  24. love the one on the bed. But all are sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loving the eye candy.

    meingee@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gotta be the guy in the bed!

    cbandy10(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm going with the shredded jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm going for the guy with the shredded jeans he's really hot.

    sstrode@scrtc.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ripped jeans DEFINITELY! Happy new Year

    Val
    lastnerve2000@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Well, goodness sakes, thank you ALL! You've EACH made my New Year the best already!!! *big grin* Yeah, I'm a little partial to "ripped jeans" myself--it's a weird love thing I have going with blond men. Boy, I'd like to write this story (plot bunny, plot bunny!) and he'd make it all worth while if I could have him on the cover. Hmmm...

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Too much pressure to pick just one...

    ReplyDelete
  32. Shredded jeans rock!!

    Happy New Year :-)


    venusbookluvr AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the shredded jeans myself.

    ReplyDelete
  34. He belongs to me! Love the eye candy!

    Happy new years!
    cathiecaffey @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Okay, I'm out of breath from looking at those pictures

    ReplyDelete
  36. lol, aren't they all gorgeous...MEN!! And I wrote a free read for WC, fingers crossed they'll take it. *grin*

    ReplyDelete