Monday, November 9, 2009

Mad, MAD! World

The season is over for MAD MEN. What will I do on Sunday nights now? Do they ever think of that, and why can't the shows just go on and on?



Anyhow...

YAY! Maybe Betts will get her lame ass on the road, off the show, and be gone for good! Sure, Don (or Dick) lied to her about who he was, sure, he cheated on her (and he was wrong as two left feet and he'll have to pay for it) But she's a pain-in-the-ass, creepy, sneaky mainline cry baby. I'm in no way excusing what he did, IMHO, there is just no chemistry between those two at all. The politician deserves her, he's creepy too. I mean, he talks to his daughter about feelings he has for a married woman for crying out loud! Christ. He almost makes Don look like a saint.

And what the hell is up with Peggy?!? Enough said there. Wish she'd get on the plane with Betts.

Peter, hmm, I like him, then I don't. The last episode ended with me liking him because like Roger says "you'll do what it takes". He's got heart and maybe if he'd stuck with Peggy - then I might have liked her better. That would have provided some spark to their lives, and the show. But, who am I, right?

Don (Jon Hamm) is hot. But you know what? That silver-haired, smooth talking, sarcastic-as-hell Roger is sexy HAWT! Don't ask me why. Maybe it's the hair? But, dayam. Lord knows I want to see him get an HEA. Don, hopefully he will too, but he's got a length of bad road yet to atone for his dallying around. Watch Roger smile at Peter's boldness in this clip. WHEW! And watch Peter in this clip, yeah, I'm liking him, and damn if Trudy doesn't show some promise here. I was worried she was following Bett's path to unhappy housewifery - NOT!



More news...YAY! Joanie is BACCKKK! She's one of my favorite characters. I know her husband went off somewhere so that he could play at being a surgeon (the army I think). I should know, but whenever he's on the screen, I go do something else. I'll probably catch up with where he is On Demand.

Now, I know her and Roger had a thing, and believe me, I think he's going to have problems with the new wife. Do I want to see him and Joanie go another couple rounds? I don't think so. Plus, both are married. My thought is get their spouses on the plane to Vegas with Betts and the politician (hopefully, Peggy will go along for the ride.) Here's where it gets tricky: Don would be single, Joanie will be single, and so will Roger, if they follow my plan.

Talk about sparks flying in that hotel room, come office. Boy, I can't wait until next year.

PS: A workplace where you can smoke - now that's the life!

In the meantime: Growl and roar-it's okay to let the beast out.-© J. Hali Steele

No comments:

Post a Comment