Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Ready, set - GO!

Getting ready for a new release. How many days now? Seventeen. The questions I ask myself are: -Have I promoed enough -Contest: yes or no -Interviews set up -Blog ready -Excerpts prepared -Video trailer ...and the list goes on and on. I've made some decisions on promotion, but much more needs to be done. Here's my problem - I don't have a cover yet! Without it, I'm totally NOT ready. I need to see it. Know that it's what I wanted. It'll become my new desktop and I'll gaze at it every damn day. Hopefully, loving it as much as I did the story, the characters. Somehow, having the cover makes it "real" for me. I like to show it off. I'll post it on Facebook, Myspace, my blogs. I'll redo the trailer and add it in. It will go on my website. My friends and family, my fans - everyone gets an email with my new cover attached. Hell, that covers my whole promotion scheme. LOL Then the hard part comes. Waiting to see how sales go. You know, I've always said, "if one person reads a story I wrote, and likes it - I've done my job." I still feel that way. HOT TIN ROOF coming August 28th from Changeling Press. I'm almost ready... Remember: Growl and roar-it's okay to let the beast out.-J. Hali Steele

No comments:

Post a Comment