Friday, April 22, 2016

Winging It Because...

I can cook, damn it!

Usually order chicken at work on Saturdays but this week I decided to cook my own and pack lunch. May not happen because Lord Greystoke has been underfoot from time he smelled the makings of a meal. Being king of the roost, he gets what he wants EVERY time.

My chicken usually doesn't look so pretty but today I hauled out the heavy frying pan and it definitely made a difference--arm burns included. Also, I figured if a restaurant chain can make deep fried mac & cheese I could deep fry stuffing right? And, yes, I use lard. Golden brown and yummy! Decadently delicious. Of course I spiced everything to hell and back with jalapeno, red chili, and my own mixture of suicide hot sauce which includes ghost pepper goodness (thanks Annette L.). Roquefort and bleu cheese dip includes a splash or two...or three...okay, six drops of Dave's Gourmet Insanity sauce (insanity@davesgourmet.com). Finishing  it off by making salad with iceberg lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber (Aimee D.-did you say can't have a salad without cucumber?), beets, carrots, sharp provolone cheese, chopped jalapeno (can't have too much hot! *smile*) and sweet onion topped with dried edamame for crunch, and then I'll add caesar dressing. The pickled egg, made by me, is because I love 'em.

Orange slices will most likely end up in the wine which is Wild Vines Blackberry Merlot (www.wildvines.com) served chilled in an old SPCA event glass. Everyone who knows me will laugh that I haven't thrown it out considering what happened with Poppy, the tom cat... Oh well, he's in a better place (but will miss chicken bits I use to toss out to him.)

I'm putting that behind me and enjoying this repast.

Ooh, desert--life is good and so is my dinner!

Growl and roar-it's okay to let the beast out.-J. Hali Steele

No comments:

Post a Comment