Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Tue'day's Quotes

Today I chose Earl Warren for seven quotes - one for each day.

Since the Summer Olympics is in full swing in Rio and I'm glued to the TV (GO TEAM USA!), I saw the sports quote and decided to lead with that one. After looking him up on Wikipedia, I realized he was a pretty great person so I headed over to: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/. I like his quotes, they hit home on many levels.

Chief Justice Earl Warren
-I always turn to the sports section first. The sports page records people's accomplishments; the front page has nothing but man's failures.

-The censor's sword pierces deeply into the heart of free expression. (Yes... Yes.)

-If it is a mistake of the head and not the heart don't worry about it, that's the way we learn.

-Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile, I caught hell for. (smile - it's true for me, what about you?)

-Ben Franklin may have discovered electricity- but it is the man who invented the meter who made the money. (You gotta love this one! lmao)

-To get what you want, STOP doing what isn't working. (Enough said.)


Ending with this one and did not realize Miranda Rights were either said by him or attributed to him. I should have paid more attention in social studies because it speaks volumes!!

-Prior to any questioning, the person must be warned that he has a right to remain silent, that any statement he does make may be used as evidence against him and that he has a right to the presence of an attorney, either retained or appointed.

Dwight D. Eisenhower nominated Earl Warren to serve as the 14th Chief Justice of the United states and he held that office from October 5, 1953 to June 23, 1969.

Read more on Earl Warren: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Warren



Hope you found one or two you liked and will remember.

Stop back next Tuesday for a few more Tue'day's Quotes.

I leave you with one of my own:

Growl and roar - it's okay to let the beast out. - J. Hali Steele

No comments:

Post a Comment